Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Desk






This is a recent shot of my messy desk. The book on the middle is my brand new watercolor moleskin.




This is my Mary Engelbreit weekly calender. Eight or nine years ago I became rather depressed because it seemed like I didn't do anything. What I had been told about being a lazy person and a slacker was starting to have an effect. So I wrote down in a calender like this one every little thing I did in the day.

It's sort of a cross between a 'to-do list' and a 'done list.' If I did something on my list I would cross that thing out with a single line (so I could still read what it was), and if I did something that wasn't on the list I would add it and put a line through it.

Having FMS the things I did were often limited. I would write down things like: shower, made dinner, read, journal, put away groceries, etc.

I soon began to see that I wasn't lazy, but that my day was full. So much so that now I have to schedule in rest and down times. The post-it note on the side is a list of larger projects that I have to fit in the next couple of weeks when I have the energy.