Monday, March 7, 2011

When The Goodie Stash Runs Dry

I'm in mourning for my favorite bakery. As some of you know, I have a rather acute gluten sensitivity. When this gluten-free bakery opened in the area a couple of months ago they were flooded with business.

I had donuts for the first time in over two years. And they make a really good gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free sandwich bread.
I would toast it with my eggs for breakfast.

Their brownies were really great too. (sigh) And their cinnamon rolls... I would reheat them in the oven for just a few minutes... till the topping was all creamy and gooey...yum...
 
It's not the bakery's death, I hope, but just a brief illness to get things straightened out as they will only be taking orders from now on. No walk-ins. That's okay with me because we always ordered anyway.

In the meantime, I have these cookies you can even get at the regular store.

This is what they look like unbaked. Their really not bad and they come out soft and warm from the oven. Of course, I can make my own gluten-free cookies, I have lots of gluten-free recipes. My limited energy has to go to other things right now, though.


Besides, the bakery will be up and running soon (hope, hope, hope). :)