Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Color

I love color. These are Swish worsted and Swish tonal worsted yarns from Knit Picks. They make me happy when I look at them. I've started an afghan using the pattern on Attic24. I love the way she puts colors together.

This is the start of mine. It's actually progressed since this, but I haven't taken a picture of it. It'll probably go in the sun room, which is a mess right now so there won't be any pictures of that any time soon.


Yesterday I finished an interesting but grueling exercise from Lesson 7 of How To Think Side Ways. All of her writing instruction are fantastic and this one is no exception, but that doesn't mean it's easy. I haven't finished all the exercises from Lesson 7, just the word exercise that took me more than a week. I'm looking forward to working on the rest but I've scheduled aside Thursdays for blogging and oh, several other things. 

I was rather anxious when I got up this morning. Sometimes it just happens that way without any specific reason. I prayed, of course, and started playing one of those entrainment albums. This one's called Music To Promote Stress Relief by Dr. Lee Bartel and John Herberman. Sorry I don't have a link.The first track has these beats that are like listening to someone's heart beat in a slow, even fashion. Normally I don't like new age music, but this is for a specific purpose and somehow I don't mind that as much.


They say petting a cat helps to lower one's blood pressure and relieve anxiety. (I can't give a resource for this information. It's just 'they.' Someone must have said it sometime or else how would I have heard somewhere?)  Pitti-Sing is a real lap cat and it's hard to get pictures of her as a general rule. As soon as I snapped this one she got up, and I didn't even use a flash. She just doesn't like the camera, what can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment