Friday, August 17, 2012

Word-Per-Day

I just started actually writing the first draft of what I'm tentatively calling Nettle's Twist. That's not the title it will go by. Just a working title. When I was thinking what to save the file as those two words were on my notepad. I always have a really hard time coming up with great titles and names. But no matter.

What does matter is that I have a word-per-day meter on the sidebar. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up-dated every day, but I'll try. It doesn't matter if I miss a day.

I wish I could say I was done with all the prep work, but it just doesn't work like that. I've gotten enough prep work done to start, but it's the sort of thing that never really finishes. Even into revision. It's an odd process, but enjoyable.

I was pretty stressed this afternoon, because I didn't get as much done as I would like, but I just have to deal with days like that. There are plenty of them. It was a cloudy day, the kind where it doesn't rain, it just feels achy and fatigued. Still it's enjoyable work, and I'm grateful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment